Dear TMU faculty,
In view of the fact that TMU has been designated as the inspection object of the annual scientific application agency from the Council of Agriculture (attachment 1), the Animal Protection Department of Taipei City government has contacted LAC for a field visit in the near future (the time has not been determined). In order to comply with the relevant regulations of the Council of Agriculture, teachers and students are kindly requested to cooperate in the following matters:
- For those who are grouped for breeding or special experiments, please ensure that the cage density meets the specifications (5 mice per cage, 3 rats per cage. Obese rats are recommended to be one cage per cage).
- When using rabbits, please measure and record the weight every month, and the weight should not exceed 4 kg.
- When the tumor inoculated mice are notified by LAC that the tumor is too large or necrotic, please end the experiment as soon as possible.
- Other poor health conditions are notified by LAC, please end the experiment as soon as possible.
- Since 3/8 (Monday), in order to accurately record the animals euthanized in each animal protocol, LAC will provide a sticker of “Euthanasia Record of Laboratory Animals” next to the euthanasia equipment in the operation room of each area. Please follow the filling example (attachment 2). After filling it, place it in the 4°C refrigerator of B2F (attached pictures). At that time, the -20°C refrigerator of B2F will not be open for self-use. In the 4F, after rabbits and chickens are euthanized, fill in the “Experimental Animal Euthanasia Sacrifice Record” sticker, and paste it on the medical waste plastic bag containing the animal carcass, and keep it in the -20°C refrigerator.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Laboratory Animal Center